Our Mission Statement
The mission of Military Ave. Church is to Glorify God through evangelism, discipleship, and compassion ministries, while meeting the challenges of the urban community, and encouraging the suburban Church to partner with us as missionaries.
In 1885 Military Ave. Church was planted as a house church by Second Presbyterian. In 1902 the church took its first members and began a ministry that continues to this day.
In the forties and fifties the church was promenant - so much so that Dr. Donald Barnhouse spoke at Military Ave. In these glory days the church had four hundred members, and gave half of the budget to missions.
Of course by the late sixties the community around the church was changing to one inhabited by the poor. Since that time the eb and flow of the community has been one of struggle for survival, disenfranchisement, and the departure of Christian values.
Dr. Randy Brown came in 1989 as a response to God's call to minister to the weak, wounded, and without in Detroit. Many have joined to help us in our effort to honor the name of Jesus and display His character in this harsh environment.